Most of us associate clear, glowing complexion with good health and youth. Unfortunately, our skin will start to show signs of aging as we grow older. For this reason, we try different products that promise to make our skin look young, radiant, and beautiful; however, these products rarely show results we expected. This is due to the fact that these products only treat the skin’s surface which is temporary.
If you want to get healthy, glowing, and young looking skin, you should find ways to get healthy skin from the inside. Thankfully, there are ways to achieve healthy skin without the need for chemical peels and plastic surgery. Listed below are a few tips to achieve this goal.
Sun Protection: According to the British Association of Dermatologists, many individuals are unaware that protecting their skin from the sun can help keep it younger. Most people believe that simply applying moisturizer and drinking plenty of water is enough. If you want to have young looking skin, you need to understand that sun protection is essential. In fact, most changes in your skin are caused by sun exposure. Here are three ways to protect your skin from the sun:
- Avoid the sun when it is at its peak: You need to remember that the sun’s rays are the most damaging between 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon; therefore, avoid going outside during this period.
- Apply sunscreen: Apply sunscreen with an SPF that is higher than 15. You should apply it 20 minutes before you go out and remember to re-apply every two hours.
- Wear protective clothing: If possible, you should wear long sleeved blouses, long pants, and a hat when going outside.
Keep Hydrated: You should always hydrate yourself so that your skin won’t become dry and flaky. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water. Bring a bottle of water with you wherever you go and never deprive your skin of water. It is also recommended to drink coconut water because it is more nutritious than aerated drinks which only release more toxins into the body, causing breakouts.
Consult A Dermatologist: Avoid using products that haven’t been dermatologically tested. If you want to provide extra care for your skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist. These professionals know what products and procedures are safe to use on your skin to make it look young and healthy. The dermatologists suggests using the new product known as Voluma which is a hyaluronic acid volumiser which can provide your skin with an extra lift. The hyaluronic acid is a type of compound that promotes skin hydration and collagen production.
Healthy Diet: It is very important to eat nutrient-rich foods instead of processed foods. If possible, you should keep your blood sugar level steady. Choose whole grains, such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and bulgur. These foods are rich in fatty acid that can make your skin smoother.
- Drink green tea. It can hydrate your skin like water and it is filled with antioxidants.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Use olive oil and eat legumes. This can protect your skin against wrinkles.
- Eat foods that are rich in Omega-3 fats, such as fish, walnuts, and flaxseeds. The Omega-3 fats support the healthy cell membranes which keep your skin properly hydrated and plump.
Clean Your Face: You should get rid of any dirt or debris from your face before you go to bed. According to dermatologists, it is essential to wash your face every night because if you leave dirt, bacteria, and make-up on your face overnight, it will irritate your skin, clog your pores, and trigger nasty breakouts. As a tip, you should clean your face with a gentle face wash to remove the dirt and grime. Cleaning your face will also let anti-aging skin care to properly work on your skin for better results. In the morning, it is advisable to splash your face with lukewarm water.